“It’s me! It’s me!”
Okay, so I know it’s been the longest two weeks of your little lives, not having heard from me and all, but I am back and better than ever. Well, I’m back anyways. I’ll start posting prompts again this weekend, but I think I’m going to change things up a bit. I still wish there was a way I could broaden my range of viewers without having to “fake follow” other blogs. I honestly hate it when people do that. If I am following you, it’s because I’m genuinely interested in your blog, not because I’m fishing for a bigger audience of my own.
On another note, I’d like to give a big Thank You to the amazingly talented Vicky, over at What Vicky Did Next, for nominating me for the Liebster Award. It’s a great way to help under established blogs gain some attention.
Rules of the Liebster Award:
- Each nominee must link back to the person who nominated them.
- Answer the 10 questions which are given to you by the nominator.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers.
- Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
Here are the questions I was asked by Vicky:
1. If you could only save three items from your home, what would they be? My laptop, My Scrap/Smash book and my personal file case.
2. Which habit of yours annoys your partner / housemates the most? I have a bad habit of leaving the doors unlocked.
3. If you could be any superhero or mythic god for a day, which one would you choose and why? Buffy the Vampire Slayer, hands down. Because she’s The Chosen One, duh.
4. What’s the worst lie you’ve told to get out of something you didn’t want to do? (this includes pulling a sickie at work) I told a cop once that I was late picking up my husband at the airport from his tour in Iraq to get out of a speeding ticket.
5. What book, poem or film do you wish you had written / directed? Cell
6. How would your friends describe you, in five words? Sarcastic, creative, obsessive, giving, negative
7. Why do you have a blog? To connect
8. What one thing do you find most helpful when writing / blogging? e.g. silence / music / biscuits The atmosphere is everything… if I’m writing something scary, lights are out, candles are glowing. If I’m writing a poem, usually I listen to music. If I’m ranting and raving, I usually have the TV going.
9. What’s been the most fun thing about blogging so far? So far it’s been meeting new people and discovering new ways of looking at things.
10. What’s the hardest thing about blogging? Adding content. It’s rarely as simple as point and click. And I’m a perfectionist, so I like to make sure things look a certain way. It’s hard not having total design control.
Now here are some of the blogs I follow. To be honest, There aren’t many I follow that have less than 200 followers, and I don’t even know if these actually have less than that, either. But, here goes:
1. Eternal Domnation – I’m sure he has to have more than 200 followers, but I love every word he writes.
2. Let Love In – Chelsi has the cutest personality. Her blog always lifts my spirits.
3. Ok, Who Ate the Daisies – C.K.’s page never fails to make me laugh. And the writing is quite wonderful to boot.
4. Mirrorgirl – Absolutely love her. She has the most amazing posts.
I know I didn’t do this whole Liebster Award thing right, but I don’t follow directions well. Blame it on my upbringing. Or my dog. Yeah, she ate the assignment. I’ll go with that one. 😀 I’ve been having a bit of a rough spot lately, so just the thought that one person even actually pays attention to a single word I write made me feel semi-accomplished. Especially since I absolutely adore her writing. Vicky’s amazing. Read it and see for yourself.
That’s it for now. I guess I’ll talk to you when I talk to you. Muah.